UX Research Lead
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join us at our office in London, Ontario or remotely (within Canada).
The ideal candidate will combine rigorous research skills with a passion for creative and practical, user-centric solutions. UX research is a critical and established part of Res.im’s process, but there’s plenty of opportunity to shape and refine our approach. You’ll work with talented designers, developers, and project managers to help our partners start important work on mission-critical digital products.
The successful candidate will enjoy:
- Flex time
- Competitive salary
- Untracked paid time off
- Medical and dental benefits
- Working in an environment that’s actively launching projects for clients ranging from tiny start-ups to Fortune 500s
- Being part of a small but growing team doing very big things
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work collaboratively with other team members to plan, conduct, analyze, and communicate user experience research. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting interviews, surveys, focus groups, and field research
- Facilitating usability tests and participatory design activities
- Sourcing and recruiting research subjects
- Developing user personas and experience maps
- Conducting UX audits and expert reviews (including analytics)
- Staying current and writing and/or speaking on UX trends and best practices
- Creating and presenting UX strategy recommendations to project stakeholders
You’re curious, versatile, critical, meticulous, and able to learn about both people and technology. You’re comfortable managing uncertainty, ambiguity, and change. You enjoy discovering and building new things, both independently and in supportive or collaborative roles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree with a focus on human behaviour or a related field OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of user-centered research and analysis either at an agency or on a product team
- Experience applying both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Empathy for the people who use your products and services
- Deep knowledge and interest in human behaviour
- Familiarity with software development and UX design
- The ability to defend your findings and ideas, statistically, visually, and verbally
- The ability to work and present in English
If you’re interested in this position but don’t meet all the requirements, we’d still love to hear from you.
Each and every applicant will be considered but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or recruiters please.
Res.im welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Start date: March/April 2019
Experience: 3 years UX Research (Preferred)