Digital Product Designer
We’re looking for a digital product designer with 3+ years experience to join our UX team on a 14-month contract. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of UX foundations and has applied these principles to web, mobile, application, and software interfaces. This position is on-site in London, Ontario and involves work on projects for start-ups, large enterprise, and public sector clients.
In this role at Res.im you can expect to:
- Collaborate with UX researchers and client stakeholders to transition from findings and recommendations to web and mobile product interfaces.
- Work closely with developers to ensure design fidelity and best usability practices are upheld during the development process
- Review and participate in design research activities including usability testing.
- Design flow diagrams, wireframes, and interfaces for websites, web applications, and mobile applications using design software including Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Assemble prototypes using software such as Invision, Marvel, Flinto or FramerJS.
- Facilitate design exercises like sketching workshops and design presentations.
- Create and maintain design and style guides.
- Own the integrity of your design work through all product phases.
- Provide design leadership across the entire team.
- Work closely with client teams consisting of designers, developers, and project managers.
- Occasionally manage your own work in cases where you’re working as part of a client team.
Consider applying if you enjoy a flexible, autonomous work environment, can demonstrate a high degree of design proficiency, and are looking to work with UX research on a diverse set of projects.
Perks of joining the Res.im team include flex time, employer-paid health benefits, generous PTO, shorter work weeks in the summer, and regular team lunches.
Each and every applicant will be considered but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or recruiters please.
Res.im welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Contract; September 10th, 2018 - November 8th, 2019.
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
Experience: 3 years visual and product design